2012 Survey Results
In August 2012 the IACP conducted its third annual survey on law enforcement's use of social media tools. There are 600 law enforcement agencies from 48 states represented in the survey results.
- 92.4% of agencies surveyed use social media.
- The most common social media use by survey respondents was investigations, 77.1%.
- 56.3% of agencies not currently using social media are considering its adoption.
- 61.9% of agencies surveyed have a social media policy and an additional 18.9% are in the process of crafting a policy.
- 60% of agencies surveyed state that they are somewhat concerned or very concerned about online radicalization and violent extremism.
- 74% of agencies report that social media has helped solve crimes in their jurisdiction.
More Survey Results